Monday, March 10, 2014

Unexpected interruption to a day





I can tell you now how to unexpectedly pull your muscle and be immobile for potentially, entire week, as a first hand 'experiencee'.  

Its a well known story, something that happens out of blue. It can happen at the most of the unexpected times, and now after going through it myself, I can add to it, it can ruin your weekend, and it can also turn into a lazy day at home. In my case, it came in a form of pulling ligaments while trying to collect a garbage bag in the kitchen, you can guess the story of how it might have unravelled. Let me help you with a clue, it is painful, excruciatingly..

We were getting ready to leave the flat, I could almost smell the cats that would have come over to our side of the building for their food, then I bent over to grab the plastic bag, then it went arghhhhhhhh…just like that, my weekend was gone. It felt like an invisible dagger wedged on my pelvis, pointing upwards, inside. So every time I make a slight bend of my torso, or try to fully stretch my back, it would cut through. 

Sitting home, nursing, my poor wife having to do all the chores. I felt guilty enjoying lying on our super luxury sofa, watching the beautiful sunny day unfold outside. It was kinda pleasure with guilt. 

Comes Monday, doctor visit, thank god just ligaments, nothing to do with Chiropractors! Well, Physio was recommended. Enjoying the high of Panadiene Forte induced drowsiness on another sunny and beautiful day under God's kingdom.

No comments: