Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Bill O'Reilly, Australian TV, my swollen jaw..

I have been sitting in front of my Japanese tea table, watching lots of TV
and getting myself lost in the Internet, recovering from the teeth pulling this week.

The swelling has set in and remained constant, but not too painful as I feared.
I have cut down on the pain killers and remain solely on guards of antibiotics
and strong mouth rinse. As the girl in the pharmacy said, the antibiotics is
for killing the bacteria from within and the mouthwash from outside.
I've got the TV on most of the time while seated in blue IKEA sitting pads,
with my laptop placed at the brown Japanese table, on day and night.
Right now there is a slow movie set in Emperial India is on in ABC. Its a
train journey of few British and an injured Indian train driver.

I stumbled upon this vicious Fox News talk show, O'Reilly Factor in Youtube yesterday.
The host is the most loud mouthed arrogant moron named Bill O'Reilly. I remeber
watching him while I was Nepal, years ago, and I think I liked the show then.
But watching him vomit his outrageously stupid and one dimensional attacks makes me stir at the thought of how one right wing American evil can take a damning swipe at the entire American Goodness and taint it in front of the entire world. He is a vehement pro Bush,
pro Iraq War fool with full bred blind support and I would say almost a Bush-faith, but no
trace of wisdom or civility. While he seems to have a bit of intellect as to understand
his version of war, saying invading Iraq in spite of a horrendous mistake by Bush
is just a 'mistake', he has no idea about what is going on in the ground, what the American
troops there think of the war and the errie similarity of fighting in vain as their
forefathers did in Vietnam, or what are the other options that could bring about an
immediate or long term solution to the explosive crisis. Watching him is like
watching a mad bull in a crowded market. But disappointingly no one seems to be
able to fully quash this garbage mouth. I have seen some people having a free ride
on rampages like this, believing they can say and what they like just on the strength
of their arrogance and people's tolerance, but this guy is grand daddy of them all..
don't know how the Americans put up with him.

2 comments:

Basanta said...

Ravi, you may like this interview. See how hard Marilyn Manson kicks O'Reily's ass. Idon't know much about Marilyn Manson and I haven't listened his music too ( I don't think I will like even if I listen), but I have become his fan! He seems so intelligent and to the point.

Here is the link,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O80_BvUTSk

Ravi Tandukar said...

Manson is way way bigger than this loud mouthed punk O'Reilly. I am not a big fan of Marilyn Manson, his songs are dark, groovy and pretty much portray life as close to death.But the numbers like 'Putting holes in happiness' are nice ones.