Thursday, December 27, 2007

Rainy Sydney, a moment (Going back years..) and Ying Zi



Today, first day after Christmas at work . Its a bit chilly and raining
lightly. I woke up to the freshness of my room that I had just
reorganized (in basic sync with Feng Shui). I was feeling little cold last
night so I had completely closed the window. In retrospect that should
have prevented rain from coming in. Apparently it must have rained
quite a bit during night, leaving Sydney with a
wet but crispy, teary morning.

My jaw and my cheeks are still a bit out of shape from the
Dental surgery, and I could have well worked from home
( turns out there are hardly anyone at work, except for Nick
and few others in our floor). But I decided to venture
out anyway, and I have few software to copy from the
iso site at office. I had my light jacket on when I started from
room, but had to take it off after I reached the platform,
I was feeling bit too warm.

Once seated on train I put on my iPod and started shuffling
thru my latest purchases and oldies, Korean, Michael Jackson (!),
Faye Wong blah blah.. The whole trip today was worthwhile for a
couple of observations, at Central, the trains were parrallelly sitting
in their tracks on each platform in a way that I could see right
from my window and look at people on the next one, then thru
to next one..and next one..and all thru to the last platform in sight.
It was almost like looking at a mirror placed opposite to another.
You can't possibly do this in a normal office day because the
trains and platforms will be full of people.

But this morning it was a bit like looking
at people and their lives..and a nerve soothing beauty of a young
Sydney girl sitting at seat in front of me. Bit skinny and fragile
looking, but radiant like an olive Sun.

She was also listening to her nano.
And with few exchange of glances backwards she must have measured
me up as well.. ha ha.. or just been aware sitting next to me. Her
frothing with the music was a good sight, so was her glances looking
out, watching the rain drops rushing down the window,
for a moment we were sharing the same views. Reminds me of
fewJamese Blunt lines..

Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Flying high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end..



God.. the moments you create,
who else can have such spontaneousness?

Good drifting away.
But yeah, nothing to remember or forget, but a small picturesque
moment, confined in a train car, watching the rain outside,
and smelling the radiance of an unknown fairy. .not bad
start for the end of the year.

The guy seated next to me probably was Chinese, as he kept on
intently looking at my iPod screen when I was changing song and
noticed Faye Wong, and her blockbuster number Ying Zi. The song
basically dances around the fact of being in complete love with
someone, that you cease to exist beyond nothing but a
shadow of that person.

Ying Zi (Shadow) by Wang Fei ( Faye Wong)
----------------------------------------------------

You've got a name
I am just a shadow
In your heart there is a shadow
I am just a name.

I can't put it clearly
or see what it means
this thing inside
doesn't have an explanation
or is it just a show of
Wrong assumption..


1 comment:

deepa said...

ahh thanks. मेरा नाम सुनते हि आपके दिमाग कि घन्टी बज गई, ये तो मेरे लिए खूशी कि बात है। ओर वेसे भी मेरे बलोग मे काफी दुसरे विषय के भी आर्टिकल थे जो आपने नही पढे। but thankx and keep coming.