Tuesday, January 1, 2008

NYE 2007







New Year arrived with a spectacular bang in Sydney, but to be honest
the fireworks at Darling Harbour at 9 pm, which was supposed to be
the smaller compared to the one on the Harbor Bridge, looked more
cracking to me. An Indian friend came to my flat too early, at 6:30, and we had a
typical boys outing, playing a video soccer game and I having some bbq
with a beer, first time in days after my dental surgery. The crowd was
good as usual for the NYE celebration, but thinner I guess than last year.

The CBD was sealed off for traffic and for once in a year the Sydney siders
had a chance to walk in the middle of the streets. We spent couple of hours
wandering around, sittlin in the kerb before entering the Circular Quay
section where we could have view of the firework. As I mentione earlier though,
the firework this time was not as good as I expected..but the feeling of
peace and order is stronger, people are cheerful and much less rowdy.

No comments: