Monday, October 15, 2007

Motor Show and Momos before flying

Today I headed for the International motor show at the Darling Harbor
convention Hall, that I had been wanting to go since last week.
Ticket of 17 dollars was just about worth it. The new models of
most of the cars were not really outstanding, except for an Skoda
Octavia sedan, that caught my eyes. This was a mid size 2L family car,
but looked stunning both on exterior and interior, and very well
priced. Octavia RS model with 2.0L/147 kw is a head turner.
The rest were pretty ordinalry in fact, Mazda was just above water,
other Japanese models Honda and Toyota were a huge disappointment
to me. Hyundai and Kia had nothing to offer either. Merc and BMW were
naturally the super models, but as you can guess, well beyond
my means. Holden was pretty good though, the newly designed
SUV , Captiva always forced my look on the Sydney roads,
it is pretty nice upclose. Other holden models were very good
looking too. Lots of others were mere presence and did not really
attract me much. I was shocked at the interiors of mighty Jeep,
cheap, plasticky and totally awful. The whole CD/FM/Control
section looked like a cheap TEAC cd player.

Well, this writeup is fast becoming a haphazard, ad hoc memoir
of a first time car buyer, let it be that way then. There should be
lots of others out their who bought their first car only after treading
into wrong side of thirties. Having said that, I bought my Mazda 6
after the very first look, yes, just after looking at it in their showroom
ground. I actually went there with Mazda 3 on my mind. I had been
researching about the stuffs, and was having sort of mildly hard time
deciding between new Toyota Rav4 and Mazda 3, my heart was heavily
in favor of the 3, unfairly. I actually received a call from a Rav4 agent
saying I feel sorry for me because I went for Mazda instead of Toyota.
But yeah, when I find my engine roaring at rock solid 120k in M4,
I feel I made a right decision. One of the reason I bought a new car
instead of much cheaper second hand was because of my near zero
knowledge about cars. Even now the dial is hardly up from ground.
I would not know a thing if it were to have any problem, so I thought
at least with the new one I would be safe for couple of years or so.
With my Mazda 6 I have had no issue so far, touchwood, I am one
fully satisfied customer of the Petersham Mazda.

As I was just about to enter the exhibition hall, I received a
call from my Manager, regarding a staff review stuff that
could not wait till I came back, he was kind enough to ask
me if he could fill it up himself. I think I did not understand
it completely and asked him if I had to fill something by
myself though he would be covering the most of the points,
which would require me to go to office as I have left my work
laptop there. I was just releived I do not have to. I could

hardly hear him clearly against the noise of the exhibition
halls. I actually walked past the ticket check, and the woman
there had to yell at me to stop me and produce my ticket
for her, I guess I even jumped the line, I now remember
that there were people lining up.Too engrossed in mobilel
I was struggling to listen to the other end. I might have
sort of lost my composure there.


No comments: