Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Physical

Last monday I had a physical assessment with an instructor
at my gym. This came as an added facility for renewing my
membership for a year.They told me that this was to be
done every six weeks. The gym itself is at the heart of
Burwood and is underground. My previous flat mate

introduced me to this one about a year and a half ago,
the facilities are good, but I haven't been to any other
gym in Sydney.

Well, the instructor turned out to be a young, friendly
bulky fellow . I had to give information on my family
health history, my own health issues is any and so
forth, pretty much similar to any airplane forms or
driving license ones. Also done was the measurements of
my body parts, arms, waist, thighs etc, along with my
blood pressure.

Sadly on this particular day I wasn't feeling hundred
percent. I had sort of caught a minor cold starting the
morning and was feeling tired whole day. When he made
me run the bike on level 7, above my normal level (5)
for ten minutes and then peddle as hard as I can for
about a minute, I was just exhausted. My performance on
weights was not very good subsequently, though he kept
saying I was doing good. But he made me do heavy bench
presses, arms biceps and triceps, thighs and abs, I was
just not able to pick up my normal routine. I would
have done it at slower pace with heavier weights. He aked
how I felt and I replied I was okay, but I wasn't really
feeling that good.
Weather suddenly has taken for a chill
and I am feeling not too good, missed my session yesterday,
I will probably go today, start with light bike and some
weights. But not too rigorous.


I will be going to Nepal in a week and I don't want to go there
feeling already flat out or with flabs around my waist and chin.
Fortunately or unfortunately I can gain weight very easily,
and lose the same way.

1 comment:

Nepali Akash said...

Dont miss to visit Pokhara though.